Here is a short tutorial on how to transform a do-it-yourself penguin figure into a surfer, inspired by the character of Cody – the hero of one of our favorite movie “Surf’s Up”!
First of all, you need a figure that you can buy in our store HERE. Then, stick it according to the instructions included in the kit (the task is to stick all the layers together and it will take about 30 minutes). You can see the video instructions on YOU TUBE. Remember that the kit does not include glue, we recommend classic paper glue / bookbinding glue.
When the figure is ready, prepare the necessary materials and utensils: pencil, scissors, glue, black acrylic paint, yellow / orange paper, white / cream paper, cardboard (from which to cut the shape of a surfboard).
- Paint the outer layer of the penguin (blue element) on both sides and let it dry.
2. Cut the shape of a surfboard out of the cardboard, then draw it twice on white or cream paper and stick it on both sides (alternatively, you can paint the board on both sides).
3. Glue the finished board to the penguin and guide its fin along it. From a small piece of paper that you used to glue the board, cut a small shell-shaped pendant and write the letter Z (“big Z” – Cody’s idol) on it, as shown in the picture below. Glue the pendant on and draw a string with a pencil.
4. From orange or yellow paper, cut out two elements that resemble a triangle in shape, but are more “dynamic”, make cuts along the top edge – the photos below will certainly help. Glue the finished elements to the penguin by gently bending the cut strips.
5. Paint the fin passing through the board and… it is done!
Finally great news! On the occasion of Children’s Day in Poland, each penguin ordered in our store will receive a FREE mini DIY kit containing black paint, a cardboard surfboard and cream and orange paper, all wrapped as a gift! The offer is valid until May 31, or while stocks last.
We wish you a lot of fun! Be sure to share the results of your work with us by tagging us on Instagram @koko_cardboards.
All the best!